Sunday 20 February 2011

Progress

Often I will think of things that I could do that would help me get better. For example, this week I had to start a diet consisting purely of soluble fibres - to find out what food intolerances I have that are causing my IBS. Unfortunately I'd just been shopping a couple of days before, so I was left with a fridge full of perishables that I couldn't eat. Luckily this is not a hugely painful point financially (as I just got basically all of January's money that I should've had then in one go...), so I didn't have to eat it anyway because there was nothing else to do.

I thought to myself, well I don't really want to throw this all out - I did pay money for it, after all. In the end I came up with the idea of cooking dinner for all of my friends with it. Usually at that point I'd consider the idea, maybe put one or two steps towards doing it; but fundamentally I'd probably bottle out of it, especially if it involved other people.

This time I didn't. Last night I went over to my friends' house and cooked dinner for them and left them the spare food. Whilst today went kind of badly in several ways, it makes it much easier to bear knowing that not only are my friends pretty awesome, but I'm doing well enough to have actually done something. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment