Sunday 29 August 2010

Before & After

Before the Paint!
It was a violently horrible shade of vomit green. But this hideous monstrosity of interior design was to be my bedroom. Something had to be done; not least about the fleur de lis stencilling.

And lo, it was!

At the point of this photo it needs another coat, as the blasted fleur de lis are refusing to die the death they deserve. However, my bedroom is now a (much more gorgeous the the picture suggests) shade of damson. The picture actually makes it look brown which is a bit odd, though it is a kind of mocha purple. So the hallway, bathroom and kitchen are also now painted, though not finished - they need a 2nd coat. The living room has had the evil 70s brickwork painted over and the ceiling done. I considered tackling the walls in there this afternoon but having painted all day yesterday (with help), done the bathroom today (without help) as well as a few ceiling touch ups...I was too tired.

My back is not behaving and it makes me sad, as I dislike waking up and going to sleep in lots of pain. But soon I shall have my own safe haven and it will all be better. Next weekend, I move in properly. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment